Zooom! Whitening Professional In-Office teeth whitening delivers optimum whitening results in a short amount of time. Performed at Dental Republic under supervision of a dentist, this method of tooth whitening most effective method of chemically whitening your teeth.
Let's Smile Together.
Schedule an Appointment
You may expect the following at Dental Republic in-office teeth whitening appointment, but not limited to:
- Photo documentation before procedure is started.
- Teeth are polished with pumice, a grainy material used to remove any plaque on the surface of the tooth.
- Your mouth will be isolated with gauze to keep your teeth dry during the procedure. Retractors may also be used to keep your cheeks, lips and tongue away from the whitening solution.
- A barrier is placed along your gumline to protect it from the whitening solution.
- The teeth are then coated with the whitening solution on the front surface of the tooth. Our office may choose to use either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as the bleaching agent whichever we feel is best for you. We may used a whitening light to add heat to the solution to activate the peroxide. It will then be left on the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes, or reapplied in specific increments of time for up to one hour.
- Once the optimum shade has been reached, or the maximum application time has passed, the teeth are rinsed with water and a fluoride application may be used to help ease the sensitivity some people experience with tooth whitening.
You will be instructed to avoid foods and beverages that have a high level of pigment, such as coffee, tomato sauce or juice, yellow mustard, or red wine, and tobacco use for 24 hours after the procedure to allow the enamel pores to close to prevent re-staining.
Re-staining will occur over time. We recommend touch ups every 3 months in office to maintain optimum whiteness.
Further reading: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20820459